We are excited to share that we have opened our doors for in-person worship! While we know some are excited to join us for worship at church, we also know that many are not quite comfortable with that yet.
Regardless of where you’re at, we will be working hard to ensure that whether you’re worshiping in person or worshiping via Zoom, you’ll still be part of our community and our Sunday services.
Below you’ll find guidelines to ensure that if you do choose to join us at church, you’ll keep yourself and others safe.
These guidelines may change over time as we constantly reassess the situation. If you have any questions or suggestions, please don’t hesitate to contact Daniel at email@example.com or Aaron at firstname.lastname@example.org.
deciding whether to come:
- If you or a household member are sick, please stay home and join us via Zoom.
- Please take your temperature Saturday night and/or Sunday morning to make sure it is below 100 degrees.
entering the building:
- Please enter through the side door of the building by the round sign. You are welcome to sit anywhere in the main body of the sanctuary where the spacing between available pews will be 6 feet.
- Those who are vulnerable or want to exercise additional caution may come through the door off of 50th Street that leads to the sanctuary and balcony stairs. Feel free to sit in the back of the sanctuary or balcony where the spacing between available pews will be increased. You are welcome to use the bathrooms in the basement below the sanctuary.
- Doors will be propped open to minimize touched surfaces.
- Greeters at entrances will be required to wear masks and will have spray hand sanitizer for touchless sanitizing.
- Masks are required in the building and will be available for those who need one. There will be understanding and grace for kids, knowing they may not keep a mask on at all times.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be available at each door and throughout the church.
- No coffee or snacks will be provided. Please feel free to bring your own.
- Classrooms and offices will be closed.
- The facility will be thoroughly cleaned.
during the service:
- One family/household per available pew. Every other pew is roped off.
- Couples without children and individuals may sit in the same pew at opposite ends.
- Parents, please keep your children with you at all times to maintain social distancing guidelines.
- Music will still be played with a singing leader. Congregants are encouraged to listen, hum, or sing softly. We look forward to the day when we can all sing together again with full voices but want to be mindful to keep each other safe during this time.
- Single serve pre-packaged communion will be provided.
- To maintain our sense of community and ability to see each other, we are encouraging people to Zoom from church or home with the video turned on and will provide pew clips to hold a smartphone or tablet hands-free. For information about logging onto Zoom, please contact Daniel at email@example.com.
- Bulletins will not be printed.
- We encourage before and after service conversations to take place outside while maintaining recommended physical distancing.
- We will not have a physical meet and greet time during the service.
- There will be no children’s services (nursery, in-person Sunday school, use of toys and books, use of rooms, etc.) offered until further notice.
- Kids can use the nursery bathroom if accompanied by an adult.
- There will be access to the changing room for those with little ones in diapers.
- Please use the bathroom on the main floor at the end of the main hallway.
- Those who are vulnerable or want to exercise additional caution may use the bathrooms in the basement below the sanctuary.
We will update this page as we learn more or as the situation changes. Thank you for your adaptability and grace toward one another!